Written by Luckilylenny
In the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, the oldest part of the Capital is where you can find the preserved Historic Cultural Houses, the Msheireb Museums, that cover the genuine history and rich culture of Qatar. It has four houses that each showcase different stories and use a combined strategy of technology and natural resources to bring out the ancient stories in the present. It contains artifacts in the old days and superb architectural designs that demonstrate the beauty of Qatar’s culture and the growth of its economy.
The four Heritage Houses are:
- Mohammed Bin Jassim House – Portrays traditional values and the transformation of Msheireb through time.
- Company House – Tells the story of success on Qatar’s first oil discovery.
- Bin Jelmood House – Provides extensive knowledge and awareness about slavery and human exploitation over thousands of years, and how Qatar has been part of it.
- Radwani House – Lets you experience traditional Qatari life during the old days. It has actual representation on each specific part of the house which displays how Qatari life was being practiced.
What to expect in the Msheireb Museums:
- Row of rooms designed with smart technology that delivers brilliant visual and audio presentations that take your imagination to the actual scene.
- Collections of artifacts, relic and treasured antiques.
- Unique graphic chart of Qatar’s oil discovery designed with machine bars and cable that let you navigate through eachseries .
- Actual excavation site where archaeologists work during the discovery of the artifacts displayed at the Museum.
- The houses are separated approximately 1-2 minutes away by walking and the staff are more than happy to lead you toward each houses. Comfortable bench and sitting areas for taking rest.
What to bring:
- Ensure that you are equipped with a fully charged camera as the whole museum is pictureworthy.
- Bring water as itmay bea long walk -each house provides water at the entrance
- If you want to save all information, you can bring a notebook to jot down notes during the tour.
Timings and Location:
Opening times for the museum is from Monday- Thursday, 9 AM – 5PM and Friday, 3PM – 9PM, and Saturday, 9AM – 9PM.
- Drive through Bank Street/ Grand Hamad Street and take a left turn after Al Fardan Exchange Qatar.
- Glide on your way up to Ali Bin Abdullah Street and take the first right turn.
- Keep straight up to Al Asmakh Street then take the first left turn.
- From there, you can see the Mshereib Museum.
- Alternatively it is exactly behind the Grand Mosque, near to Souq Waqif too.
- To save all the hassle, look on Google Maps or use these GPS 25.2869077,51.5283125 coordinates.